Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Trip Tuesday?

That works, right?  I'll tell you about our trip to Idaho.  Both my husband's and my families live there, so it was such a good time to see everyone.
We left Friday morning, and as soon as we pulled out of the driveway, my husband decided that the dog smelled too bad to travel with, so we stopped and had him groomed really quickly.  He did smell a lot better, but they clipped one of his toenails a bit short, so it was bleeding all over the car.  Poor dog!
The rest of the trip was fairly uneventful with the exception of a flat tire between Baker and Ontario.  Thankfully, we had a spare, and Jim was able to get it changed and we were back on the road.  We did have to stop at Les Schwab to get a new tire, and it turns out that we had run over a chain or something.  It put a good sized hole in the tire, so we were lucky that it didn't blow out!
We dropped the kids off at my parent's house, and Jim and I went to a hotel for the night.  That was awesome!  We haven't ever done that in the 8 & 1/2 years we've been married, so it was really, really nice to have an entire night for just the two of us.
When we got up on Saturday morning, we did some "Christmas" shopping.  Since we weren't able to come down to spend Christmas with family, we did a gift exchange Saturday night.  I LOVE that.  My husband's family is so much fun, and I love watching the kids light up.
On Sunday, I took off with my mom for a while, and it was really nice to spend a couple of hours with her.  Then we took to the kids to "Wahooz" which is an arcade, go cart race track, laser tag, bowling... etc.etc.  It's a really fun place.  Haven LOVED the go carts!  And her mom stood out in the cold for 2 hours so she and her brother could ride.  I was COLD!
We were able to see some of our really good friends and I met my "sister" Missie for coffee yesterday morning.  She had to work, so I was really bummed that we didn't have more time to spend together, but we had a nice chat, and it was a good way to start off a Monday.

We stopped by my in-law's storage unit to grab some things that had been in there for years... My husband grabbed some baseball cards that he's had since he was a kid, so he could give them to our oldest son.  He has the entire set from 1994.  Crazy.  And Jay is thrilled!
I grabbed a bin that had all my porcelain dolls that I collected as a girl in it... I don't know what I'm going to do with them all yet.  Haven doesn't have a shelf in her room that's high enough for me to put them on, and she's not quite old enough yet for me to leave them down...

See the bigger one that's sitting?  That one belonged to my grandma.  I love it.  She gave her to me years ago, and I plan on passing her down...  Again, I don't really know where I'm going to put her for now...  Any ideas?

We had a pretty uneventful drive home, and it really felt good to sleep in my own bed last night.  Today I get to do laundry and unpack.  And figure out where to put all the kids' Christmas gifts...  Ugh.  

That was my weekend!  I hope you had one that was just as wonderful!