Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday, Week 7

Wow.  It's Thursday.  And I'm really thankful it's Thursday.  This week I caught round number 2 of the flu that we've had, and boy, did it throw me for a loop!  I don't think I've ever been that sick!  I have a lot to be thankful for this week.

1.  A full night's sleep.
2.  NYQUIL!
3.  Snow days.
     Here's a couple pictures of my little ones enjoying all the snow.  They loved it!  We were stranded in our neighborhood for a couple of days, but, hey, the kids had fun! :)

4.  Long weekends.  (we're taking off tomorrow to go see family and friends.  I'm really looking forward to it!)
5.  Helpful friends.  One in particular.  She came and got Haven on Tuesday morning so I could sleep.  I needed it.
6.  My mudroom.  It looks great!  I'll post pictures next week!
7.  Hip Hop.  All three of my kids are in Hip Hop class, and they LOVE it!
8.  Football cards.  My oldest has just started collecting them.  I love how he's so interested in them.
9.  Manicures and pedicures.
10.  Tax refunds
11. Peppermint oil.  This stuff works wonders for nausea and vomiting.
12.  Unexpected weight loss... I lost a few pounds with this nasty flu.
13.  Hotel stays.  My husband booked a hotel for us for Valentine's Day.  I'm SO excited!
14.  Sleepovers for the kids.  (They're staying the night with my parents while we're at the hotel.)
15.  Musical tooth brushes.  My son just got one that plays "We Will Rock You." by Queen.  
16.  Purple Ink.  Because it makes me happy.
17.  Valentine's Day.
18.  Late Christmas.  We'll be doing a gift exchange with my in-laws while we're in Idaho.
19.  Lessons in respect.  My oldest son gave me an opportunity to teach him one before school this morning.  
20.  Crazy, crazy mornings.  Sometimes, I dread how absolutely chaotic they are, but I know that they're short-lived.  My kids are already growing up way too fast.  I'm going to treasure these times.

Have a fabulous Thursday!  And remember to be thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment