Thursday, February 27, 2014

Thankful Thursday, Week 9

Thursdays are quickly becoming my favorite day of the week.  Not only because I'm reminded of all the things I have to be thankful for, but for us, it's the beginning of a weekend.

1.  Flavored water.  I've recently completely given up soda, and I've been drinking carbonated flavored water instead.  I feel so much better!
2.  Crock pot recipes.  We're fairly busy in the evenings, so it's such a time saver to throw dinner together in the morning and not have to think about it for the rest of the day!
3.  Book reviews.  I was asked to read and review a marriage devotional.  It's a 30 day devotional, and so far, I'm really enjoying it.
4.  RAKs.  It stands for Random Act of Kindness... One of the Filofax Facebook groups that I joined does several of these, and one of the members sent me an envelope full of these goodies!  So much fun!
5.  Baxter's bed.  I made this several months ago, and since I've moved my office around, and it's closer to me, he's using it again.  I'm so glad he likes it!

6.  Being made in the image of God.  And learning what that really means.  No comparing myself to others, and having a positive self image.  Because I am His.
7.  For a husband not afraid to say what needs to be said.  
8.  For my new desk.  I'm absolutely loving it!  It's the perfect height, and I love having all the room!
9.  Piano lessons!  I've recently started teaching piano lessons to a sweet little girl.
10.  Guitar lessons!  The little girl's dad is giving guitar lessons to my sweet little boy.  Perfect trade off!
11.  Another bonus is that this little girl's dad is a friend from childhood.  We were once in a band together... Long ago.
12.  For losing teeth...

The Asher-man lost is first one!
13.  The bittersweet feeling that comes with little milestones like loosing teeth.  My babies are growing up.  And I'm so proud of them already!
14.  For happy mail.  I love getting things in the mail!
15.  For my 3 in 1 printer.
16.  My new planner charm.  This is something that came in the mail.  It's gorgeous, and it has some of my favorite things.  The Fleur De Lis, an Eiffel Tower, purple beads, and a Filofax charm.  Perfection!  I bought it from a shop on Etsy.  Check her out here! Filolove 
She made this just for me, and made sure I was happy with it.  I'll definitely be buying from her again!

17.  My husband's strength and commitment to our family.  I'm so thankful that I have a shoulder to lean on, and someone to go to that I know loves me unconditionally and just wants what's best for our family.
18.  Potato soup.  The perfect comfort food.
19.  My old piano books.  I love reminiscing my way through them.
20.  Drinks and talks with good friends.  There's not a lot that's better than that.  And I've really been blessed in the friendship area.  I'm so very thankful for my friends!

I'm loving keeping my list of "Thankfuls" with me.  It's really fun to look back over the last few weeks and be thankful all over again.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment