Monday, February 24, 2014

Make Something Monday: DIY Desk

My office is a disaster.  And I hate it this way.  I have a really hard time working in all the chaos.  Not only that, my desk, although functional, is actually falling apart.
I made the wall organizers last year from the rail of my kids' crib.  I LOVE them.  I need to organize them a little better, but that's it.  They're not going anywhere.
I'm also getting a new toy this weekend, so I need to make some room for it.  It's an embroidery machine, and I'm more than excited about it!  So...  I started tearing the room apart this morning....
It's now 3 PM... The room is still a disaster.  But I have this!

I went to Walmart and grabbed a couple of 3 shelf bookcases, and then to Home Depot and got a door...  There's no holes or anything in it, and I knew it'd be sturdy... I wish that Walmart had had the white shelves, but I'm kinda liking the contrast of the black and white.

Here it is with my computer and things on it.  I'm still working on the rest of the room, but I'm really excited about how it's looking so far!  Stay tuned, and I'll show you the finished product tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment