Monday, February 10, 2014

Make Something Monday: Closet to Mudroom

This is actually a project that I haven't started yet.  But, I'm really excited about it, and hope to have it in full swing very soon.

I have a wonderful laundry room.  Oodles of storage.  Lots of cabinets, a sink, and a closet.  




I've used this closet for several different things:  Cleaning supplies, toy storage, and right now is serves as blanket and linen storage.  Well,  I've decided that it will function better as a mud room.
The shelves are coming out, the doors are coming off, and we will either purchase or build a bench and so coat hooks.  I can't wait to show you all how it looks!  Oh, and if anyone has any wood they'd like to contribute to my cause, it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

Right now, our shoes and coats are in our entry way... And it just looks messy and cluttered.  We definitely need a new solution.
So, all my linens are being relocated to these wonderful cabinets above my washer and dryer. There's SIX of them!  And I have very few things in them right now.



I'm hoping to build a pedestal for my washer and dryer, too, but we'll see if that happens.  Keep your fingers crossed for me! 

Today is laundry day, so I get to tackle that mountain of clothes you see over in the corner.  In my defense, it's really not that high.  That's a clothing rack with the kids' snow suits hanging on it.  It looks much worse than it is.

  I'll post pictures of how far I get with this tomorrow!  Have a great Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment