Monday, April 7, 2014

Make Something Monday! Infinity Scarf and Burlap Hair bow

How was your weekend?  Mine was wonderful!  I bought a serger this weekend.  I've been wanting one for months, and finally found one that fit my needs and wasn't over the top expensive.  I'm having so much fun with it!  And my little family of sewing machines is complete.  I have a regular sewing machine, an embroidery machine, and now, a serger!  I can make basically anything my heart desires!
     I picked up this remnant of fabric the other day at Hobby Lobby.  It's been in their remnant section for the last few weeks, and every time I went in, I wanted it.  So, on Saturday, I grabbed it.  It's just so pretty!  I had the lace shirt, and since I don't like how it fit me anymore, I've had plans to chop it up for a long time now.  Here goes!
From this

To this!
Isn't it gorgeous?  I love how this scarf turned out!  I plan on wearing it today, but since I've been sewing all morning, I'm not yet presentable enough to take a selfie with it on. :D

As you know, I make hair bows for a local children's boutique, and when I saw this burlap and lace ribbon, I couldn't pass it up!  I love the vintage look of it.

I can't show you how I make my bows, but I do use a different method than most bow makers use.

I attached a clip to the back, and here it is!  So pretty!  It's 4 inches wide, so not terribly big, but very, very pretty and feminine.

Have a happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment