Monday, April 14, 2014

Make Something Monday: The Cottage Mama Party Dress

I found the pattern for this dress in a Facebook group that I'm involved in.  It was FREE!  SCORE!  It really is adorable, and I love how versatile it is!  I could make it more formal if I wanted, or more whimsical; whatever I would like!  You can get the pattern here: http://thecottagemama.com/2014/03/party-dress-free-pattern-re-release/
I found the fabric at JoAnn's, and was able to put it together in an evening.
I LOVE the flower buttons!  And the big bow!

Haven wore it to church yesterday, and I had to bribe her to take it off.  She kept hugging me, and saying, "Thank you for making this for me, Mommy!"  She absolutely loves how "twirly" the skirt is.

This was so much fun, and as I don't have much experience sewing from a pattern, it definitely taught me a lot.
It's definitely good quality, too.  The bodice is fully lined, so it looks and feels like a dress from a boutique.  I'll be making more for her for sure!

Have a wonderful Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment