Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thankful Thursday, Week 3

As you know, Monday was this dude's 6th birthday.  Most of my "thankfuls" this week are about him.  He's my middle one, and he had a rough start.  And it was really rough on me.  After he was born, he was sick for a long time.  Almost a year.  It was really, really, stressful, and once I finally came out of "Survival Mode" I really struggled with postpartum depression.  It was definitely a roller-coaster.  I'm so thankful for him, and that he's so happy and healthy now.
1. For NICU and its staff. (I have a really special place in my heart for them since I had two preemie babies.)
2. For the Asher-man. 
3. For his health.
4. For his sense of humor.  This boy can almost always make me laugh.  And the thing is, he just turned 6.  He's already quite witty.  Scary.
5. That he's so easy going.  This boy is oh-so laid back.  It's really hard to light a fire under him about anything.
6. He's so giving.  He shares with his siblings so well, and puts them first most of the time.
7. He very rarely complains.  He just goes with the flow.
8. The mischievous sparkle in his eyes.  Although he's so laid back, he's ornery.  And I love that.  It's so fun to see the wheels turning in his head.


9.  The way his voice gets deep when he's serious about something.
10.  Random "I love you, Mommy!'s"

11.  For his willingness to obey.  For the most part, when I ask his to do something, his response is, "Yes, mom."
12.  Cute hats for when it's windy.
13. For God's provision in all aspects of my life.
14. For friends that make me laugh.
15. For washi tape.  I seriously love the stuff.
16. For my oldest son's persistence.  Although it's really frustrating a lot of the time, I know that in the long run, it's going to be a good thing.
17.  For my husband's desire to keep me happy.  He really does.  And if I'm not happy, he fixes it.  
18.  For my kids' desire to help with everything.
19.  For new creative ideas.
20.  For my messy, messy, craft room.  Which I need to clean today.


No comments:

Post a Comment