Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy Birthday to my 6 year old guy! (And a dye job.)



My middle guy turns six today!  I'm so proud of him.  He's pretty laid back and is so mellow about things, and for the most part is just an easy kid.  Happy birthday, Dude!  We love you so very much!
We'll have a party for him later on this week, but we're celebrating as family tonight with a special dinner of his choice and a cake.

Now on to business...  Make Something Monday!  Here it is!

So, I have this pair of jeans.  I like how they fit, and they really are cute, but, they're kind of flesh colored.  They looked pink when I bought them.  But, every time I've worn them, I've been asked if I'm wearing pants. Not a good thing.
I bought some Rit dye in tangerine orange, and thought I'd give it a go.  The instructions are fairly easy.  You have to mix the dye and then put it on the stove top and stir it for half an hour...  Here goes nothin'!



Stir, stir, stir



Oh, and wear gloves!~  This stuff will dye your hands.



Because these are made of cotton, I had to add a cup of salt.


When they were done, I washed and dried them.  I think they turned out pretty nice!

What do you think?  This was fairly easy and fun.  Probably something I'll be doing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment