Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thankful Thursday: In Loving Memory

Yesterday was a rough day.  My friend Amber, from high school passed away.  She fought long and hard against Ovarian Cancer, and it took her Home much too soon.  But, I know that God has a plan.  And we can already see the way that He has used Amber's life to make this world a better place.  Rest in Peace, my beautiful friend!  Until we meet again...
Amber Rumpel 1982-2014

1. I'm thankful for childhood friends.  All the memories in Jr. High and High School that I have of Amber are filled with laughter.  I honestly don't remember her being sad.  She seemed to always be laughing about something.  What a gift!
2.  The legacy of laughter left behind.
3.  A WONDERFUL sense of humor.
4. A life lived to the fullest, even though she was so young.
5. Happy Memories.
6. The nostalgic feelings that looking through old yearbooks brings.
7.  God's provision and hand through all of this.
8.  Trust without borders.  Those words keep playing in my head... Although it's impossible to understand why she's gone, I pray that I can trust God without borders.
9.  I'm thankful that we didn't move.  That I'm still close enough that I can go celebrate Amber's life with our friends.
10. Amber's family.  She has two little boys.  Her family has shown such as example of love and support through this journey.
11.  Her best friend Amanda.  Unconditional love right there.  The other friends that Amber was surrounded by.  She was one of those people that you just couldn't help loving.


12. Photographs. 
Homecoming 1998
13.  Facebook.  I'm so thankful that we all can keep in touch.
14.  That Amber is no longer suffering. She fought hard, but she doesn't hurt anymore.
15.  Funny stories shared between friends.
16.  Peace that passes all understanding.

Regional Competition 1996 (I think)

17. Regional competition.  This was such a fun trip!  Such good memories there!
18.  The weddings of friends.  Amber was in several more weddings. This is definitely a special group of women.
Stephanie Sherard's Wedding.
19,  Friendships that last a lifetime.
20.  Love that transcends time.  These girls are all dear to me.  Although the years have taken us in different directions, although life has thrown us some curve balls, even though some of us are no longer as close as we used to be, Amber will always be a part of us.  

Thank you, God, for sharing Amber with us.  She's free now.



No comments:

Post a Comment