Monday, March 17, 2014

Make Something Monday (Past Projects)

I was gone all weekend, so I didn't really have time to make anything new.  But, hey, here's a few things that I've done within the last few months.
Baby doll sling.  Haven LOVES hers.  She uses it all the time.  And it really doesn't take much fabric at all!  This was made from scraps.


This is a head piece that belongs to one of the dancers from Haven's dance team.  It matches her costume for her solo, and I'm really proud of it.  It turned out GORGEOUS, and the picture really doesn't do it justice.  There's appliqués on it that match the appliqués on her costume.  I started from a pile of feathers, a couple of flowers (that I tore completely apart, a broach, some rhinestones, and THREE different kinds of glue.  It was so much fun to make, and definitely more complicated than a simple hair bow.  

This little hat actually belongs to Haven's competition costume.  They were just plain hats (I did a couple of them) and I dressed them up with the band, bow, and rhinestones.  SO cute!

This picture was actually sent to the owner of the boutique that I sell things in.  It's such a cute little girl's room!  And the only thing in it that I can take credit for is the bunting banner that's on the wall.  These are really fun to make, too.  They have several different kinds of coordinated fabric incorporated for the flags, and if you look closely, you can see vintage handkerchiefs and doilies sewn to a few of the flags.  I love these.  

Happy Monday!  Go make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment