Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions

Happy New Year!  
And of course, there's resolutions.  Although this year, I'm opting out of one of the most common: Weight loss.  Instead, I'm resolving to eat healthier and move more.  The number really isn't important if I'm healthy, right?  And I also know that my four-year-old daughter is watching me and seeing how I feel about myself.  I want to be a positive role model for her.  I don't want her to continually worry about what the scale says.  I want her to remember that true beauty is from the inside out.

So, here's my resolutions.  I've written them on a piece of paper in my Filofax, so every day when I look for what I need to be doing that day, I'll see them.

1. Less iPad time. (I really spend too much time on it.  Playing games. Wasting time.)
2. More play time with my kids.
3.Be thankful everyday
4. Devotions (The You Version Bible App has some great options!)
5. Keep up with the blogging.
6. Work out 3-5x a week.  (I have a treadmill.  I need to use it!)
7.  Make my bed everyday.  (I've been putting my bedding on the treadmill each night in the hopes that when I go to use the treadmill in the morning, I'll make my bed.  So far, it's working!)
8.  Live healthier.

Fairly easy, right?  And I know it's all about the baby steps.  And if I fall, it's okay.  Fall forward.  Just get up and try again.

I was reading one of my favorite blogs, yesterday, (A Holy Experience)  and came across this printable: 



It's awesome.  Here's Ann's whole post: http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/12/a-grace-plan-a-doable-life-change-plan-for-a-new-year-a-new-you-with-printable/

And PRINT the printable.  I printed a couple.  One to hang on the wall in my office,  and one to put in my filofax.  It's SO good!  And such a good reminder!

So Happy New Year! Let's make 2014 the best it can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment