Monday, July 21, 2014

Make Something Monday

I was asked by a friend to post a tutorial for my DIY man's shirt to tank top.  The pictures that I have are old, but I'll do my best to write a good description.  Feel free to ask any questions!


I took one of my husband's old T-shirts, laid it out flat and used one of my tank tops (that fit well) as a template.  I cut around it, and because T-shirts are made of jersey knit, I didn't have to worry about finishing the edges around the color, sleeves, and bottom.

I used the extra fabric that I cut off around the bottom to make the ruffle on top.  Super, super easy!  Set your machine to the largest zig-zag stitch, pull out your bobbin thread, and stitch over the bobbin thread.  

I pinned the ruffle where I wanted it, and sewed away! 
All in all, I think this took me about 15 minutes.  I think I need to go rummaging through my husband's clothes again, now.  This has made me want to do another one!



No comments:

Post a Comment